Sunday, March 4, 2007

Is it rose colored glasses?

It’s been a few days since I have been here and have had some time to think about some of my issues. I have come to the conclusion, that if my wife asks me about my bisexuality I will admit to it. I still have not settled on how much though. Do I say I have been doing it all my adult life or do I say it’s been something recent? I will try to assure her it’s not an emotional thing, but purely a sexual/physical thing. I am sure this is not going to matter in the initial reaction. I have accepted the fact, that I can no longer keep this from her. This is my wife and friend for many years! Something inside me says, after the initial shock and reaction she will accept it. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking.

I believe this issue as it stands now is starting to seriously affect our day-to-day relationship. I am not relating to her in the same way I have done in the past. I am kinda snappy, a little withdrawn at times and my mind is preoccupied with this issue a lot of the times.

I once read somewhere that it is a long road from realization to acceptance. What I have took for acceptance over the years may have only been realization. I have accepted the fact that I am bisexual. I have not over the years accepted the fact that it does affect my relationship with my wife. I may be looking through rose-colored glasses but I think I am at least beginning to travel in the direction of being honest with myself.

No comments: