Monday, January 21, 2008

Am I really gay?

I seem to be very restless the last few days. I supposed this is due to having great sex with my gay friend, wanting more and not having the free time to meet him.

A while ago I met up with this older gay guy who insists that there is no such thing as bisexuality. He states that bisexuality is part of the "destination" towards homosexuality. He then asked me if I had the time to go out and have sex, would it be with a man or a woman. I said a man, I rarely go looking for a female to have sex with ( I have one at home), although I know a woman for a lotta years that when I want a different woman she is always there for me. Am I gay?

In one of my great sex sessions with my gay friend we talked (that's right folks we talk and have a good time)about my bisexuality and I admitted to him I might be gay but would not brake up my family over it. I would just continue doing what I have been doing for the last 20 yrs.

I can't believe I just wrote this! Am I not being true to myself? I love my wife and family life. Why should I upset all of what I hold dear to me just for sex? Am I taking the easy way out by staying married? I thought I settled these questions years ago. They seem to be rearing there ugly head again.

Oh by the way the guy that outed me at my last job called me the other night! I couldn't talk at the time. He wants me to call him back. What could he possibly want from me. He nearly ruined my life.

That's it for now.....

1 comment:

raven said...

It's the common struggle of anyone who is bisexual. Am I just really gay?

Here's my perspective. It is easy to define straight and gay. Gay: as a man the idea of being with a woman sexually is something that you don't want. Straight: as a man the idea of being with a man sexually is something that you don't want.

Bisexuality is much harder because it is the umbrella name for all the stages in between. Maybe you lean further to one side or the other, but are you still bi? Yes.

So does the fact that you met a gay guy that you are comfortable with and makes you wonder about things make you gay? No. If you were divorced and single and wanted to date a man would that make you gay? No.

If there is a dual attraction to men and women you are still bi.

As much as straight, gay and bi are orientations they are still lifestyle choices - sometimes that choice is hardwired.

Ultimately you are the only one who can be completely honest with each other, but don't let anyone say that bisexuality doesn't exist.

You should also google a study that came out in the last week that showed that bisexuality is a distinct orientation in women.